Product Care and Use
Glassware: While all glassware is handwash preferred (especially if adorned with decals), Nachtmann and Spiegelau crystal glassware is dishwasher safe (it is recommended that you use a dishwasher stemware rack to avoid touching glasses during the wash cycle). Spiegelau and Nachtmann glasses are crafted to deliver wine at its best for the greatest possible enjoyment. Each glass´s shape and size has been created with extreme attention to detail to fully enhance the character and bouquet of the wine. We recommend that you wash by hand to keep the glass at its best. If you choose to use a dishwasher, please note that this may cause the glass to “bloom”, develop a haze, or the design may lose brilliance.
Home Fragrance: Wax Lyrical products have undergone an exhaustive testing program in order to ensure that they meet the highest quality and safety standards. As with all candles, there are guidelines that need to be followed to ensure your safety.
- Safety Guidelines: Ensure that all burning and use guidelines are followed while using Wax Lyrical products. Never leave a burning candle unattended. Do not touch or move burning candles when it is hot or alight - When extinguishing a candle be aware of the flame and the hot wax. Using a candle snuffer is preferable. Keep away from foreign and flammable objects and out of reach of children and pets.
- Burning Guidelines: Always read the safety/burning information that accompanies the candle before lighting. Keep this information for future use. Remove all outer packaging before lighting.Candles shouldn’t be burned in a draught, direct sunlight, near heat sources, other candles, or near flammable items as this can cause them to burn unevenly or cause fire. Place candles on a flat and stable surface so that they cannot fall or be knocked over. Before lighting ensure the wick is trimmed to 0.5cm. If the flame becomes too large extinguish it, allow it to cool and the wax to harden, and trim the wick.
Placemats & Coasters: Using the highest quality materials, Pimpernel placemats and coasters provide a durable surface to protect surfaces from heat, scratches, and staining. All placemats and coasters in the collection are made using an unrivalled layering system with a cork base, hardwood middle, fantastic design, and protective, hard-wearing surface. Designed for everyday living, placemats and coasters are resistant to normal household stains and withstand temperatures up to the boiling point of water. They are not suitable for use as chopping boards. We recommend that you clean placemats and coasters with a damp sponge and dry with a soft cloth. Do not immerse in water or put in a dishwasher – this will ruin the seal on the products and cause defect.
Melamine Trays: Pimpernel trays are made of durable melamine materials and are top-rack dishwasher safe. Do not use abrasive cleaners. Do not place hot objects on the melamine as it may blister or warp. Do not use melamine products as cutting boards. Pimpernel melamine trays are top rack dishwasher safe.
Textiles: Textiles are made from high-quality materials and are designed for everyday use. As with all textiles, wear and tear will occur. Please read the care tags on individual items for recommended methods and if you use washers and dryers, please follow the manufacturers’ instructions.
Porcelain and Earthenware: Designed for modern day living, tableware is “oven-to-table”, microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe. To get the most from your tableware, please review the following tips:
- Most tableware items – such as dinner plates, mugs, serving bowls or platters, etc. – can be placed in a warm oven (225° F or lower), but should not be used for cooking.
- Cookware items – such as lasagne dishes, roasters, ramekins, casseroles, etc. – are designed to perform at temperatures normally used for cooking up to 425° F. Do not place items on a direct source of heat, e.g., hob, halogen burner, electric coil, or gas burner.
- Do not use items that include non-ceramic materials, such as salt and pepper shakers, in the oven or microwave. For microwave use, follow your manufacturer’s manual for guidelines. Do not use your microwave to warm plates. When microwave cooking foods that exude fluids such as fish, bacon, etc., be sure to place a paper towel under the foods to absorb the hot fluids to dissipate the thermal shock of super-heated fluids. Remember that ceramics will pick up some of the heat created in the microwave, so use care in holding handles or picking up plates. Please note that gold accented collections, including Spode Christmas Tree Gold, Evesham Gold, Sara Miller London Chelsea, Celestial and Piccadilly collections are not microwave safe.
- Cleaning: Allow ware to cool naturally for a short period of time before placing it in water to wash or on a cold or wet surface such as tile, stone or metal. Do not cool items by placing them in cool water. All earthenware and porcelain tableware is easy to clean, either using a dishwasher or by hand using conventional detergents. If you use a dishwasher, follow the manufacturer’s instructions. We recommend liquid detergents over powder and recommend against using detergents with “lemon” or other citrus scents/additives as they can have a long-term detrimental effect on ceramic glazes and cause colors to fade. Abrasive heavy duty detergents, scouring powders, or steel wool pads should never be used. Occasionally, dark streaks may be found on your tableware from contact with silverware or kitchen utensils. Apply a small amount of a gentle, non-abrasive cleaner such as Zud or Barkeeper’s Friend on a soft, wet cloth or sponge.
Cutlery and Flatware: The majority of our flatware is made of 18/10 stainless steel. These materials and product made of stainless steel are dishwasher safe using a non abrasive or citrus cleaner. Some cutlery and flatware has a porcelain or ceramic handle is recommended to be hand washed in mild soapy water and dried with a soft cloth.
Acacia Wood: Wood items are not microwave or dishwasher safe. These items should be washed by hand using a mild detergent and a soft sponge. Do not use abrasive scouring pads, cleaning cloths, or other rough materials on your Nambé wood product. This could scratch the surface of the wood and detract from the beauty of your Nambé wood product.
Nambé Alloy: Nambé silver alloy naturally has excellent qualities of temperature retention, making it perfect for serving both hot and cold dishes. It can be preheated up to 500 degrees to keep foods hot and can be pre-chilled in the freezer or refrigerator to keep foods cool. CAUTION: DO NOT place plated pieces in the oven. This will cause damage to the finish. Never put Nambé alloy in the dishwasher, or leave in standing water. Wipe Nambé alloy product by hand with mild soap and dry immediately with a soft clean cloth. Never place your Nambé metal product in the microwave.