Last Updated: 2021-6-18
Collection and Use of Personal Information
You can access our Site without providing any personal information. However, in order to use certain features of our Site, we may request that you provide personal information.
If you use the “Contact us” feature of our Site, we will collect various types of personal information from you, including your first name, email address, and any other information you may choose to provide. We use this information to respond to your request or inquiry.
When you make a purchase on our Site or establish an account on the Site, the types of personal information we may collect from you includes your name and contact information, username and password, information for the purposes of processing payments, purchase information, and any other information you choose to provide us.
We also collect certain personal information automatically (see “Information We Collect Automatically” section below).
We use your personal information to:
- To process and fulfill your orders, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment, and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications.
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions.
- To help us better understand your shopping needs and preferences and provide consistent, personalized services and experiences across our brands.
- To help us address problems with and improve our website design, products and services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so.
- To analyze trends and statistics related to our website design, products, and services.
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites, products, services, and our business.
Information We Collect Automatically
Cookies are small data files that are sent to an individual's browser and placed on their computer's hard drive when they visit a website. The information a cookie contains is set by a website's server and can be used when the user visits or returns to the website. Cookies are designed to remember things that a user has done while on a website in the past, which can include logging in or clicking on links.
Most internet browsers accept cookies, but if you do not want us to collect your data in this way, you should decline cookies within your own internet browser. Similarly, you can delete cookies that have already been placed on your computer or device through your internet browser’s settings. Please note that declining or deleting cookies will affect your use of our Site.
When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain information in server logs. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Site, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, mobile carrier, and other such information. Log files help us to monitor, analyze, improve and maintain the Site and to diagnose and fix any Site related issues.
When you access our Site using a mobile device, we collect specific device information contained in your mobile device’s “device identifier.” This device identifier includes information such as the type of device you are using, its operating system, and mobile network information, which may include your mobile phone number. We may associate this device identifier with your Site account and will use data associated with your device identifier to customize our Sites to your device and to analyze any device related issues.
We may assign you a unique internal identifier to help keep track of your future visits. We use this information to gather aggregate demographic information about our visitors, and we use it to personalize the information you see on our Sites and some of the electronic communications you receive from us. We keep this information for our internal use, and this information is not shared with others.
Some of our web pages and electronic communications may contain images, which may or may not be visible to you, known as Web Beacons (sometimes referred to as “clear gifs”). Web Beacons collect only limited information that includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party advertisers. These Web Beacons do not carry any personal information and are only used to track usage of the Site and activities associated with the Site.
We may use third party service providers like Google Analytics to collect information about your use of the Site, such as the features used and time spent on the Site, to help us better understand our users and improve our Site. The information we gather is used in an aggregate, non-identifiable form. For information about information is processed in connection with Google Analytics please read the Google Analytics Policy here.
To learn more about targeted advertising based on information about your online activities or to learn how to opt out of having your data used for online behavioral advertising, visit www.youradchoices.ca or www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will only disclose your personal information with your consent or if we have legal authority to do so. We may also disclose your personal information in the following contexts:
- Affiliates: We may transfer personal information to our corporate affiliates, including in the United States and United Kingdom.
- Service Providers: We may transfer personal information to our service providers that provide certain services on our behalf, such as data hosting and processing, marketing and promotions, analytics, information technology services, call center, order fulfilment and payment processing.
Some of these service providers and affiliates may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States. While outside of Canada, personal information will be subject to applicable foreign laws, which may permit government and national security agencies to access your information in certain circumstances.
- Business Transactions: We may disclose personal information to parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, financing or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the transaction.
- Legal: We may disclose personal information where permitted or required by law, including to comply with a subpoena or warrant, to law enforcement in connection with an investigation, to protect our rights and the safety and security of our employees, and to enforce our agreements and collect debts owed to us.
Third Party Links
We protect personal information using safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. These safeguards may include measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information. We limit access to personal information to our employees and service providers who require access in connection with their role or function. Each of our employees is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all personal information to which they have access. We keep our employees informed about our policies and procedures for protecting personal information. Despite these measures, since no system or security measure is completely secure, it is possible that personal information may be lost, stolen, or accessed without authorization.
Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Your personal information is retained for only as long as needed to reasonably fulfill the purposes for which it was intended and for legal or business purposes.
Our Site and Services are not directed to persons under 13 years of age. Haustopia does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an account on the Site. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions, by writing to us as described in the “Contact” section below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide some or all of our services to you.
You may unsubscribe from our promotional email communications at any time by using the unsubscribe feature included in those messages. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our promotional email communications you may still receive transactional or business-related communications from us.
You may request access to or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, by writing to us as described below. Your rights are subject to applicable legal restrictions and we may take appropriate steps to verify your identity before responding to your request.
For questions, inquiries or requests, please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can also be contacted at 20 Voyager Court South, Toronto, ON, M9W 5M7.